So, this Sunday I was in the mood for something savory. I love scrambled eggs, but to jazz them up a little I went to my refrigerator to see what was left from my week. I made this fluffy, light ricotta & egg scramble with zucchini hash browns. It took less than 15 minutes, but was packed with flavor, textures, and lots of health benefits…I just had to share this Sunday brunch with you!
What You’ll Need
1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
fresh ground pepper
olive oil spray
1 tomato (optional)
To put a twist on just plain old scrambled eggs, I am going to add a 1/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese, a dash of sea salt and a sprinkle of fresh ground pepper. For a little extra pizazz, you can add chopped tomatoes, too- whatever veggies you like for that matter. The part skim ricotta adds a fluffy, light texture to the scrambled eggs.
The zucchini hash browns are so delicious and very simple to make. Use a cheese grater and grate down the zucchini. Chop the onion. Spray olive oil in a hot skillet, and let the zucchini cook until browned. Flip and brown the other side.
Bonus Benefits of Zucchini
* Contains powerful antioxidant Vitamin C, which helps with asthma, bruising, heart protection, eyesight
* The rind contains beta-carotene, which is another powerful antioxidant, known to help protect cells against oxidation damage
* Contains magnesium and phosphorus, to help build and maintain strong bones
* High in water content, high in nutrients, low in calories
* Energy, energy, energy to boost mood…need I say more?!